Sunday, February 24, 2013

in the midst of a dim glow

It seems that 90% of the time that I'm making a mix, it's pretty much when most people are probably sleeping. During this mix, I have to admit, I put my head on the desk a few times. I was initially making a meditation type mix, but looking out my window (during my wake/sleep struggle) at the subtle glow of distant lights prompted me otherwise. This mix is for that, and I'll use it to do my ritual of refusing to knock out just yet so that I can daydream just a little bit more. Hopefully, it will serve you for that purpose as well. Find peace with this mix, and let it bring you down to a sedated state of pre-sleep chill.

Support the artists. And as always, turn on, tune in, sleep...

[as per MarviniusMartinius' request, I am posting this today]





TRACK LISTING

"Apparition" by Jon Hopkins from Opalescent (Just Music), Released May 20, 2010 (Start Time 0:00)

"Collective Dream" by David Arkenstone from Ambient World (Domo Records), Released February 8, 2011 (Start Time: 01:59)

"Chenrezig (Excerpt)" by Stargarden from Ambient Excursions (Magnatune), Released May 20, 2004 (Start Time: 10:07)

"Regressions" by Andrew Lahiff from Catching Light (Unknown), Released 2011 (Start Time: 17:08)

"Meditation #1 (Excerpt)" by Brian Eno from Bliss (Editions Eg Records), Released September 23, 1992 (Start Time: 23:23)

"Inertia" by Carbon Based Lifeforms from Twentythree (Ultimae Records), Released August 8, 2011 (Start Time: 25:50)

"Eclipse" by Rudy Adrian from Twilight – Atmospheric Works, Vol. 2 (The Orchard), Released January 16, 2001 (Start Time: 32:54)

"Extended Stillness" by Robert Carty from Serotonin Ashram (Deep Sky Music), Released 2000(Start Time: 37:11)

"Beginning Again (Excerpt)" by Palancar from Diminishing Light (Earth Mantra Netlabel), Released August 2, 2011 (Start Time: 45:08)

"Subterranean River" by Rudy Adrian from Desert Realms (lotuspike), Released October 14, 2008 (Start Time: 47:51)

"Canopy" by Kit Watkins from Sunstruck (East Side Digital), Released September 18, 1993 (Start Time: 53:57)

"Campfire" by Jon Hopkins from Monsters (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Double Six Records), Released November 29, 2010 (Start Time: 57:21)

No comments: