Wednesday, June 3, 2015

camping under the stars volume 2 (renewal)

I've been pretty busy lately, and taking in lots of good weather, good bike rides (which gives me ample time to catch up on a backlog of listening), and ushering in the spring/summer vibe that is unfolding. I have bought and heard a lot of really good music from Bandcamp lately, and it has ultimately inspired me to create a second volume to honor this gold mine of independent artists. I have been so very elated to get new music and let it creep into my mind that I felt that it had to be shared with all of the qualified travelers of the sonic realm. I purposely sought to assemble this journey with absolute respect to what the artist has offered, and I hope that my intentions are sincere in this respect.

I am confident that this mix will be a perfect companion for nights of stargazing or waking moments of daydreaming. It has been meticulously crafted with the finest sonic glue possible, each moment carefully prepared to be delivered in the most thought provoking manner. I do have an alibi in this mix. I was approached by session ace MATT STANFIELD and given music (which is not on Bandcamp) and there was no way that I couldn't use two excerpts from his release HOMECOMING. Thanks, Matt!


All of the links of the artists' releases lead you to the page where the music can be purchased. I urge you to pay the artists a visit to take in the beautiful art that they've created. Many huge thanks to the artists for creating the magic. Show them the love.

By all means, if you are reading this and you are an artist that would like your music to try and reach anyone, I would be honored for submissions that could grace future podcasts. You can reach me at the email address listed towards the bottom of the WHO, WHAT, WHY page. I love making the musical connections and hearing from everyone that occupies the sonic universe that we share. Enjoy your journey. Peace.

Turn on, tune in, sleep...






TRACK LISTING

  •  “The Warm Calm” by umber from SUNSHINE YOUNG (Start Time: 06:21)
  •  “Breathing (Featuring Inachus) (Excerpt)” by Good Weather For An Airstrike from A HOME FOR YOU (Start Time: 10:45)
  •  “Drift (Excerpt)” by Matt Stanfield from HOMECOMING (Start Time: 13:55)
  •  “These Moments Live (Excerpt)” by Abstract Aprils from BLOSSOM ENDS (Start Time: 31:53)
  •  “Discovery (Excerpt)” by Matt Stanfield from HOMECOMING (Start Time: 39:11)
  •  “Wind Thru Glass” by Darren Harper from SUSPENDED MEMORY (Start Time: 43:10)
  •  “First 10 Minutes Of Sunlight” by Carey Moore from TROUT RIBS (Start Time: 45:40)
  •  “As The Lights Fade Away” by The Echelon Effect from ATLANTIC (Start Time: 51:09)
  •  “ þögn” by A Model Kit from þögn (Start Time: 54:11)
  •  “Showers Of Lilac” by Tonepoet from HEADSPACE (Start Time: 56:29)

1 comment:

DJ Seroton said...

I admire how eloquent your writing is!